Saturday, March 31, 2012

Garlic Fried Rice, with not just garlic

Garlic Fried Rice, with not just garlic

Ingredients:

Cooked Rice, this was about 1.5cups

12 pcs Chili Leaves, chopped

3 cloves Garlic, minced

2 tbsp Canola Oil

3 tbsp Sesame Oil

1 tsp Seasoned Soybean Paste (from a Korean grocery)

Salt and Pepper to taste


Procedure:

1. In a heated wok (not high heat in my case), put in the canola oil

2. When the oil is relatively hot, put the garlic

3. When some of the garlic has turned brown, put in the chopped chili leaves

4. Mix the garlic and chili leaves

5. After about a minute, put in the seasoned soybean paste

6. Mix well and after about 30 seconds, put in the sesame oil

7. Mix well, try to make sure to separate the garlic and chili leaves coz they tend to clump up

8. When they're not that clumpy anymore, you can now add the rice

9. Add salt and garlic to taste

10. Since everything  is cooked, I only use this stage to both heat up the rice and mixed the ingredients together

11. Once you see that everything's mixed pretty well, you can turn off the heat and serve!


Notes:
1. There are usually plenty of selections of soybean pastes in Korean grocery stores, I usually just get the one that I feel like using during the time I shopped for it
2. The one used in this recipe is in a small rectangular green container (I know, I'm very helpful). It's a bit salty and is mild to medium spicy (for me)
3. I added chili leaves because I wanted to add greens, and it's the only leafy veggie I have on the fridge
4. The end product looks too oily. It is a bit oily, but not much. The canola oil was totally absorbed by the garlic and chili leaves, so the oil that's on the rice is basically sesame oil only


Have you also experimented making fried rice? Care to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment